Pysycache translation explications (long)

Le vendredi 23 mars 2007 12:57, Ahmed MANSOUR a écrit :
> Bonjour,
Hello,

> I'm interested in your project, in fact I'm creating a GNU\Linux
> distro for children and educational purpose
I think pysycache could interest your project : it is already integrated in
LinexEdu the educational project of the Extramadura region (in Spain) and
used in few schools
Technicaly, I don't think you will have troubles : it is based on python +
pygame

> (like debian-edu or
> freeduc) for the Arab world (I'm from Morocco).
For information, for the 2.x branch, Morocco was in the top 5 downloads
and for the 3.x branch, it is the 10 better downloads !
http://www.pysycache.org/test/en/communaute1.html

> I'll be glade to translate Pysycache into Arabic and include it into
> my distribution:)
Thank you for your help

> please send me the po file to translate and I'll keep you informed of
> my progress.
There is no po file...

For the translation of pysycache, they are 3 points :
- the Number theme (for move activity) : you have just to "draw" the picture
with your number. I can do it if you write me your world for one, two,
three... with the form :
http://www.pysycache.org/test/en/particip-number-autre.html
The other solution (better) is you use the script-fu for gimp that I provide
and pictures are build automatically (5 minutes for the 10 caches) :
http://www.pysycache.org/test/en/faq0.html#addnumber

Then you send me pictures...

- the ABC Book (for move activity) : first time  you have to "draw" the cube
with your first letter. I can do it if you give me letters of your alphabet
(but maybe the encoding will be wrong, as I received some time for non latin
alphabets)
The other solution (better) is you use the script-fu for gimp that I provide
and pictures are build automatically (10 minutes for the 26 caches) :
http://www.pysycache.org/test/en/faq0.html#addabc

the second step is to associate a "picture of first letter" with a picture of
object  : I think that the better thing is that I made it (it is long and the
principle is to write all the dfg file as explained here
http://www.pysycache.org/test/en/faq0.html#trad1)

So, I propose you to give me the name of the picture with the first arabic
letter of the word and I will write the dfg.files.
For example :
  Banana=img05.png (because you have draw the first letter of Banana (مَوْز) in
the file named img05.png)

  Apple=
  Banana=
  Bear=
  Bicycle=
  Bottle=
  Chair=
  Cherry=
  Cloud=
  Cup=
  Disk=
  Dragon=
  Dressing=
  Ear=
  Elephant=
  Factory=
  Fish=
  Flower=
  Fox=
  Frog=
  Giraffe=
  Harp=
  Helicopter=
  House=
  Igloo=
  Joker=
  Kanguru=
  Koala=
  Lemon=
  Lion=
  Montain=
  Mouse=
  Mushroom=
  Nuts=
  Onion=
  Pear=
  PineApple=
  Plucks=
  Rabbit=
  Racquet=
  Rhinoceros=
  Sand glass=
  Saw=
  Shovel=
  Snake=
  Tail=
  Telephone=
  Toothbrush=
  Trumpet=
  Umbrella=
  Violon=
  Wagon=
  Xylophone=
  Yoyo=
  Zebra=

The picture to translate are visible here
http://www.pysycache.org/test/en/particip-abc-ar.html

- the menus of the main screen : all menus are stored in few text files (in
UTF format) : you just have to translate them
http://www.pysycache.org/test/contrib/other.tar.gz (2Ko)
and send them to me.

If you want to use the script fu, they are available here :
http://www.pysycache.org/test/contrib/Script-Fu.tar.gz (1.2 Mo) or included in
the pysycache sources
and you have to copy them in the script fu directory of gimp
(/usr/share/gimp/2.0/scripts)

For information, at the launching of Pysycache, the lang is automatically
detected from the locale of the system : what is yours ? (For example fr_Fr,
fr_BE, fr_CA for the differents french langages). A directory with the locale
is created in [pysycache directory]/lang/

I think that you can download pysycache for view more quickly how your
translation is usable :
http://download.tuxfamily.org/py4childs/pysycache/v3.1/pysycache-src-3.1.zip

I'm looking for sounds of number (from 1 to 10) and from arabic alphabet
(because they are read when the child view the cache) : do you know where I
can found them ?

If you have idea of themes for arabic word, you can send me

I hope that my explications are comprehensive... if not, you can write me
again, i try to explain me more comprehensive..

Thank you,

Best regards,

Vincent DEROO

                         http://www.pysycache.org/
apprendre aux enfants                                      teach kids how
à manipuler la souris                                   to play the mouse