Re: Wordlist

--- Ahmad Al-rasheedan <asr at baldi dot cc> wrote:
> I could have few minutes to spend on Wordlist, may I ask your guidance on
> what to start with since my recollection of the project dates back to the
> year 2004. I stopped at doing multiple translations per one English word,
> I don't know if I should continue or the priority had changed. Kindly
> advise.

Salam, salam and more salam - nothing like seeing the masters make a
return appearance :-)

The project is in pretty much in the same place that you and Ossama.K had
left it at.  The English->Arabic wordlist continues to be a very important
segment of what we need to proceed with.  Though there is lots of work to
be done on the back-end (in organizing the data, etc) but the more difficult
part continues to be the necessity for more translations for the terms that
are there now (the multiple translations per term are a must - as an example
note the term 'fix').

Once the terms are "multi-complete" (and we should do this once say 'A' is
done) we need to go through the process of segmenting and categorizing
the translations (doing it based on 'verb', 'subject', etc might not be
as affective as say context - ie. "agricultural", "general", "medical",
"computer-related", etc); hope that makes sense.

Salam and welcome back - let me know if you have CVS issues.

http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/