Re: how to translate "profile" ?

On Fri, Oct 27, 2006 at 10:02:19PM +0200, Walid M. Bakkar wrote:
> If this is so, why don't you make up your own word and we follow.
> As the exact meaning of the word "profile" will not help you at all as
> you can see.

I'm not asking for the exact meaning as all of us know the meaning of
profile, but the Arabic words used for its meaning in arts and since
doesn't fit here. In short, "the profile" is a complete set of
configuration options saved under a common profile, so you can create
another profile with another set of options allowing you to switch
between 2 or more sets safely without playing with your configuration
each time. The problem is that I don't have an Arabic word for it, thus
why I'm asking for your help.

--
Khaled Hosny

Egyptian GNU/Linux user