Re: potrans script

--- Osama Alassiry <osama at alassiry dot com> wrote:
> PO Translator is a useful tool that helps in the translation of po files, it
> runs through all the untranslated (empty) terms in a po file, translates
> them using google's language tools, and marks them as fuzzy. You could then
> go through them with tools like poedit and fix them.
>
> Check out the web site at http://potrans.sourceforge.net and
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/potrans/ for more information.

If you'd like (and see value) we can host your script on our CVS say in,

  http://cvs.arabeyes.org/viewcvs/scripts/translate/

You might consider adding a CGI (web interface) so that if one pastes-in
a .PO your CGI would run the script and produce a "googlized" translation
file.

Translators, would you like this script to be run nightly on all our
files so the newly uploaded files will get automatically filled-in ?
We had always wanted to do that once we have our own dictionary so
I'm not sure that what google spits out is worthy of us keeping
around - comments ?

Salam and keep up the great work.