Re: IP Address, Number

محمد سعد wrote:
In the past , someone has already suggested this idea of abbreviations and it
was agreed that it is not explicit and could mislead the user (he will think it is a Typing error ).

So what ? they have to adapt to it. no one knows anything by default. first you learn how to walk then how to speak etc... if we follow that approache , we will never introduce new words to Arabic. if s/he doesn't understand what that means, they will google it .. they will find an article in the Arabic Wikipedia explaining what these unfamiliar words mean ...
moreover abbreviations traditionally are not used ( implemented ? ) and accepted in arabic language.
Aren't that the right time to implement it? or until when we are going to set leaving Arabic to become a crippled(sorry for using this word) language?
No because بروتوكول isn't arabic

protocol= مراسم
Come on ... where did you get that translation? last time I checked 'ceremony' means 'مراسم' unless it got another meaning.....
I agree that 'بروتوكول' is a pathetic word but thats all we have now and it is widely used and believe it or not .. accepted too....
so ... we can start the abbreviation 'با' which is much better

better for whom ?

Better for anyone, do you think writing it like الآيبى is good? or just leaving it in English 'IP' is good? this is one of the most important abbreviations in Networking....
... of course it seems uncomfortable and unknown

In my opinion it is very uncomfortable and also misleading
Because you are not used to it .. thats all ...

.. but what do you expect ? it is a new abbreviation !
new is good but how would you abbreviate Internet gateway
بوابة إنترنت = با
بريد إلكتروني = با
Isn't بوابة is taken for 'portal' ?

About 'email' .. I already thought of a good abbreviation before I think about 'IP' issue ... which is 'بريدا' but of course if you have another suggestion I would love to see it....

P.S. please don't take my words personally and forgive me if I made a mistake, its just I'm sick of the way we've become, we are now just a consumers of others' knowledge.

Mohamed