OpenOffice.org translation

Salam all,

Sorry for the very big delay about this project and other things.

I've just updated the CVS of OOo to the latest milestone from Pavel Janik's site[1]. After working for a while again on the translation I noticed that the work is really much easier than any other project. You'll find so many short and repeated strings, so you can easily translated a 100 entries easily within an hour or so.

The problem with this project after some change from the source is that the comments are added within the MSGID, like:

_: dbwizres.src#RID_DB_TABLE_WIZARD_START___43.string.text\n
Field

_: dbwizres.src#RID_DB_QUERY_WIZARD_START___19.string.text\n
Field

_: dbwizres.src#RID_DB_REPORT_WIZARD_START___71.string.text\n
Field

Also, the project used the ~ character instead of _ for the accelerator key.

Now, why would these be a problem?

1. In the first case, I'll have to search for the same word again and again and translated it, and it can sometimes be a sentence. This is a pain in the ........ you know ;-)
2. In the second case, again you'll have to add the ~ by yourself and ignore it when using rough translation.

So, I was wondering if anyone knows a way to tell Rough Translation to ignore the first line, that is the :_comment, and just look at whatever that comes after it, match it and roughly translate it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

regards,
Ossama Khayat