key localization questions

hi,

As i said this a few months ago here, my Master's thesis is on Arabic Language Technology, it's open source, and can help the way localization is done. I got a paper accepted to the Arabic Linguistics Symposium (next week!), so there are a few things i want to be sure of before finishing the paper and presenting my subject, things about how localization is done..

i have translated myself a few files once under the arabeyes project using kbabel, so i have the general idea: you translate (sometimes out-of-context) strings..

and when you have a string like: "you have n new messages", where n can be any positive integer, the translator provides three arabic words for messages: risaala(tun), risaalataan(i), and rasaa'il(u), right? (رسالة، رسالتان، رسائل)

but in arabic adjectives agree w/ nouns, so we should translate "new messages" as a whole, right? giving the 3 phrases: risaalatun jadiidatun, risaaltaani jadiidataani, and rasaa'ilu jadiidatun.. is this the way it's done?

thanks for helping, and i hope i'll be fair describing the work you do!

PS: the paper will be online soon for the interested, i'll post a message when it is.. the actual software will be available under GPL after that

Ali El Dada