Re: Translation project

Salam

On Wed, 2006-02-15 at 00:12 +0000, Youssef CHAHIBI wrote:
> > here, by the way, so please go easy on me.
 <السلام عليكم
> I use www.arabization.org.ma/Dictionnaire.asp and the (printed) unified
> dictionary of computer science terms. If it (rarely) lacks terms, I use
> qamoose.arabeyes.org and www.answers.com/<term> .

These seem to be good sources, thanks for pointing them out.

> By the way, "shell" in Arabic is  برنامج وسيطي

I'm not exactly sure, I mean, the term برنامج وسيطي is very general, we
can say that itmean roughly the same as "intermediate program", and
although the shell AFAIK is indeed an intermediate program, there are
many other programs that can be rightly called intermediate programs.. I
read it once as الصدفة and also as القشرة , but these terms are rather
vague and somewhat odd. Say, why not go with القشرة الوسيطة  or الفلاف
الوسيط ..Now these terms are odder than the previous ones..but we're
having sugestions..:-)

> I write the name of a program in Arabic and with the english term. If the term
> is used too much time, I stick only with the Arabic term. For example:
 <البرنامج الوسيطي "باش" Bash:

I totally agree with you, it's a nice idea.