Re: Virtual ما رأي م بترجمة

Actually default too needs to be discussed .. I use "افتراضى " as a translation for it ... "بديهى" means "obvious" or something clear, more of instinctively, without thinking, taken for granted ... the meaning is close but not accurate as it gives the false impression that the user intervened and if we look at any computer science definition for "default" :-

1-Default in computer science refers to a setting or value automatically assigned to a computer program or device, outside of user intervention.

2-A selection automatically used by a computer program in the absence of a choice made by a user.

If we want the right translation we won't find it because it don't exist ... see this translations(I thought about it but found it too long):
قيمة معينة تلقائيا
أو
خيار معين بدون تفاعل

If we use افتراضى it will be more accurate(IMHO) as it contains the 'assumption' element and "supposition" which doesn't necessarily require the presence of a user selection..

Back to "virtual" ... what virtual means really?
As I understand it .. it means 'something is there and we use it but we cannot touch it' .. yes you have an imaginative keyboard in which you can use but you cannot actually touch the buttons by your hands ... of course there are different contexts (check the first part in this : http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Virtualization&oldid=69645045)

Also we might consider "ضمنى" .... or "غير حقيقى"

Other meanings include "تصورى" or "عرضى" or "تمثيلى" ....

Thats all .. we want to agree on something not keep on fighting .. if you all agree on using "افتراضى" for "virtual" then I'm with you....