Re: Firefox 1.5 beta2 builds

On 10/14/05, Chahibi Youssef <chahibi at gmail dot com> wrote:

> Also, it should take in consideration that there are qwerty and azerty arabic
> keyboards. For example , in a french keyboard map, there is Z instead of W ,
> but ص is also in its place.

I think it'd be better to use new conventions. Like ctrl+خ for ctrl+q
for ex, etc... that would spare the trouble of trying to match azerty
and qwerty keyboards (and having some 'weird' shortcuts like ctrl+ؤ or
something). Just my opinion.

Anyway, I think we are all already biased and have a lating-ltr
background. It would probably be best to find Arabic people totally
computer-virgin and make a study on what would suit them best, or look
more intuitive to them. Something that could be done on an academic
level. If only an Arabic university would be interested in that...

Youcef Rahal