Re: arabic man pages ,is it possible?

> Before we do that - it would be best to do a couple of file translations
> to know what is involved.  It would be best to convert all the manpages
> to .PO[T] format if possible and then simply follow the well-known procedure
> that everyone is using within Arabeyes for translations.  Using another method
> would be cumbersome at best and should be avoided.  In short, do please spend
> the time and effort to see how one can take the .man (or .1, etc) and convert
> them to .po[t] files.

Why don't translate them directly?
Man pages are simple text files and all what we need is translating
all words that don't start with "dot" and  of course the command
itself and it's options.
For example these lines
.SH NAME
foo \- is a program doing some thing
.SH SYNOPSIS
.B foo [-bar] [-c
.I config-file
.B ]
.I file
.B ...
.SH DESCRIPTION
.B foo
is a program doing some thing to help some one
should be translated like
.SH الإسم
foo \- برنامج يؤدى وظيفة ما
.SH الملخص
.B foo [-bar] [-c
.I config-file
.B ]
.I file
.B ...
.SH الوصف
.B foo
برنامج يؤدى وظيفة ما ليساعد شخصا ما
and after viewing it will be like
 الإسم
    foo - برنامج يؤدى وظيفة ما

الملخص
    foo [-bar] [-c config-file ] file ...

الوصف

برنامج يؤدى وظيفة ما ليساعد شخصا ما
Is it confusing? my be.
Also I'll tray to search for any thing useful in converting "man" to "pot".

>Once that happens and you translate a couple of files
> and they are indeed viewable and are deemed useful, we'll officially start
> the project given your buy-in and commitment.
> Salam.
>
>  - Nadim

Ok,I'll tray to collect information and start with some small man pages.

Khaled Hosny