Re: arabic man pages ,is it possible?

--- khaled ghetas <dr dot khaled dot hosny at gmail dot com> wrote:
> What about starting a new project for translating man pages of basic
> Linux commands , file systems ,etc.

Before we do that - it would be best to do a couple of file translations
to know what is involved.  It would be best to convert all the manpages
to .PO[T] format if possible and then simply follow the well-known procedure
that everyone is using within Arabeyes for translations.  Using another method
would be cumbersome at best and should be avoided.  In short, do please spend
the time and effort to see how one can take the .man (or .1, etc) and convert
them to .po[t] files.  Once that happens and you translate a couple of files
and they are indeed viewable and are deemed useful, we'll officially start
the project given your buy-in and commitment.

Discover Yahoo!