Re: D-I Arabic and Debian Installation

Christian Perrier wrote:
> I have proposed an Arabic task for
> tasksel...but it is still sitting in the BTS:

> This would install the minimum needed for a correct Arabic display in
> the graphical environment...but will do nothing for the console
> environment.
>
> The Arabic task for tasksel may be added : I have tested it enough for
> knowing it works. However, we have to convince Joey Hess that it is OK
> for sarge. As we are in a release cycle, Joey is currently very
> conservative about changes and I understand this.....so, the only way
> is being convincing enough for having this change added.

I have to be very cautions about adding packages to tasks at this point
in the release cycle. It's easy for this kind of change to overflow the
full cd #1, and we are already in the middle of a number of other
changes (new gnome, new kde, new kernel packages and abi) that threaten
to change the contents of the cd and maybe overflow it.

So I can look at making this change, but I would rather let the other
changes settle down first. Can you ping me later?

> Joey, do you have an advice about an Arabic task for tasksel? In sarge
> branch, of course (I guess that this is not really a problem in
> unstable).

Tasksel cannot currently be branched; the Task fields in the archive
come from a script that looks at trunk. I would have to work with James
to make it look at a sarge branch and create separate override for
sarge, if this is possible at all.

--
see shy jo