Re: WINCVs

Excellent.  Shukran jazzelan Mohammad. I'd much rather focus on the actual translation than on CVS, PO and other techie stuff, but I guess this is how it works at Arabeyes.

In any case, my old laptop is a Dell Inspiron 7000

P.S. Sorry for crowding your inboxes! Please tell me if further emails re this issues should be taken offlist.

Mohammed Sameer <msameer at foolab dot org> wrote:
On Mon, Feb 21, 2005 at 08:14:34PM -0800, Rai'da Al-Zu3bi wrote:
> Thanks so much. Will do this weekend. Just one
> question: will this partition my drive or turn it into
> a Linux machine? If it's the latter, any tips on how
> to keep both Windows and Linux? Sorry this is turning
> into an on-line course on Linux installation =)
>
> Salam,

Hello Rai'da,

The mandrake installer is easy, Just defrag your harddrive, then you can resize it and create partitions for mandrake.

I can handle all of the CVS things for you. So you can concentrate on other important things. As I always believe that interaction with CVS is not to be required by the translators.

What are the specs of the laptop or the model number ?

> --- Nadim Shaikli wrote:
>
> > --- Rai'da Al-Zu3bi wrote:
> >
> > > Hope this finds you well. Re the instructions
> > here:
> > >

> http://www.arabeyes.org/download/documents/howto/wincvs-howto-ar/
> > >
> > > I've download WINCVs. Would you kindly tell me
> > which
> > > tcltk files to download? There are several and I'm
> > not
> > > sure which one I need. Also, the CVS Root file is
> > not
> > > available in WinCvs 1.3 version. Please advise.
> >
> > I'll let someone more familiar with this answer your
> > inquiries.
> >
> > > P.S. 'am thinking it will make translation easier
> > if I
> > > just download Linux on my old laptop, but not sure
> > how
> > > to go about this, since it has a Windows OS
> >
> > Just download a mandrake ISO (ie. image) and burn it
> > into a CD then
> > reboot and have your BIOS set so that it reads the
> > CD-Rom before it
> > reads the HardDrive. Mandrake (any version above
> > 10.0) [1] is a very
> > good start for newbies and the installation process
> > is VERY simple,
> > just follow the instructions.
> >
> > In short, don't let the installation of linux
> > detract you from the
> > process or experience - it is _VERY_ simple and you
> > should simply
> > go for it.
> >
> > [1]
> > Salam.
> >
> > - Nadim

-- Katoob Main Developer, Arabbix Maintainer.
GNU/Linux registered user #224950
Proud Egyptian GNU/Linux User Group Admin.
Life powered by Debian, Homepage: www.foolab.org
Read http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html