[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Wordlist in Wiktionary
- To: Documentation and Translation <doc at arabeyes dot org>
- Subject: Re: Wordlist in Wiktionary
- From: Nadim Shaikli <shaikli at yahoo dot com>
- Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 10:47:18 -0700 (PDT)
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=Message-ID:Received:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=r6H5p7YJ4LeozY3I+Kfrlu3K2tNbpcJaPNVttGtZuA+CXPoDGXx8v8lugwOfCIJT7ir0hchHenDlDnHE/wqQckNoAOS76DI8iRiNcDH5JBY6EF1YEBXUNbaS0n06ANCgWJt7ys4TYwI+4Hhx0+T0vILw+Ckw0L818oHBOoaZJJU= ;
--- Mohammed Sameer <msameer at foolab dot org> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 11, 2005 at 10:15:31PM -0700, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
> > In short, you won't see/hear me oppose this but this is not my decision to
> > make (I'm just trying to sway the direction ;-) I would as is noted above
> > at least make ONE exception and ask that wiktionary to note the exception.
> I still think that changing the license is a better option.
> We can't give an exception to every site or project to use it.
> What if the contributers disappear ?
> What if I'm using the wordlist to translate whatever non-gpl'ed material ?
Again, I'm not opposed to this and if this move is helpful then I'm all
for it -- again the point of the wordlist was/is to help those looking
to translate english into arabic possible (the ultimate goal being auto-
Isam, are comments from the Wiktionary people ?
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around