Re: Wordlist in Wiktionary

Salam,

I took a look at a translated version of the gnu fdl into German to
better understand the meaning.
the gnu fdl is #very# simple to understand, it's simply an extension
to the gnu gpl, the SAME terms that apply to gpld software apply to
fdld written text.
It's like you take the gpl and apply it to a written text.
What's the difference?
- first gpl is for software fdl is for manuals,
manuscripts,documentation and every "written text".
- second gpl can only be only applied on software whereas the fdl can
applied on ANY "written text".
- the fdl asks about a very clear layout in which text is written,
whereas the gpl does not handle text so does not ask about a layout in
that sense.

some info for our special case:

- fdl text can be combined with other text, UNDER THE ASSUMPTION that
#ALL# the original text must be found in the new created text, with
fdl text I mean all the text parts. And the new text is also fdl text.

- You can introduce you text into a set of texts, but you must respect
all the rules regarding the copying of fdl text.

- TRANSLATIONS are regarded to be  #modifications#. You must ask about
the permission of the copyright owner.
Still you can, without asking the copyright owner, add you own
translations to the existing ones.

hope this helps.

Salam
Arafat