[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: call for action
- To: Documentation and Translation <doc at arabeyes dot org>
- Subject: Re: call for action
- From: Abdulaziz Al-Arfaj <aalarfaj at gmail dot com>
- Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 02:54:10 +0300
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:reply-to:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=IxxKdn2dZ5zOPfz0m8kSL0qt2L0uUdIIPQvuMlLPF3XPRt/8x3j4lSPQ4FuW7Y4UK8HmhLxYrUuc43fey8DkDSHGV9ClDqCQFEv7xqjQT61+RJy1J1zoPCVF52BOWr1OEhNbBkhKh4LTWi3G/F6BcOxPT/NbTECFKshIs9+EVag=
Sure, why not?
However, our biggest problem is not which set of words should we start
with. Its all about how we will grow, adjust, fine tune and correct
that set of words in a logical and speedy manner. So you will still
need a sort of mechanism in place, one whose job is to do quality
control on these Gnome terms themselves, and also to do quality
control on any new terms that may need to be added.
On 8/4/05, Arafat Medini <arafato at gmail dot com> wrote:
> Salam all,
> The more I think about it the more I am convinced.
> And here it goes again:
> I'm asking to adopt the gnome terminology as the official terminology
> and the base of the QAC work.
> 1)Gnome terminology is water proof, it IS a COLLABORATIVE work, many
> people worked on gnome before myself and on parallel on gnome.
> 2)Gnome terminology is one of most consistent and the most mature in Arabeyes.
> 3)Gnome terminology, because of the big number of its words, can form
> a very easy foundation to QAC.
> 4)Many people are familiar with gnome terminology so can extend and
> work on it with ease.
> So again I am asking to get gnome terminology as the official QAC "word set