Re: Wordlist in Wiktionary

--- Isam Bayazidi <ibayazidi at gmail dot com> wrote:
> I am currently in the Wikimania Conference (Wikimedia/Open Content Event). I
> was talking with Gerard Mel and he asked if there is a wordlist
> English/Arabic that the Wiktionary project could use (
> http://www.wiktionary.org). The Problem is the wordlist is under the GNU GPL
> License, while the Wiktionary is in the GNU FDL License. So, He would like
> to know if it is possible to have Arabeyes allow the Wordlist to be used
> under the GNU FDL License.

I did a quickie search to compare GPL vs. GFDL and there are views all over
the map - could someone in the know tell us the difference ?  Isam, could you
ask Gerard for his view on why GFDL but not GPL.  We've always thrived to
work under GPL as much as possible, but we need to continue to consider the
overall benefit to mankind at large given we don't go down the wrong ally.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs