Re: Back in action & Mozilla status

--- Ayman Hourieh <aymanh at gmail dot com> wrote:
> I haven't been that active in the last couple of months, back to
> action now :)

Welcome back - hopefully this epidemic that has inflected lots of
people will subside soon and everyone will be back :-)

> Firefox 1.1a will be out soon, I've just created the .po's, while I
> merge them with the old ones to reduce the required work, I want to
> ask something, the structure for Mozilla products l10n files has
> changed greatly, I can't update Arabeyes CVS by just replacing files,
> so how can I import the new tree for Firefox 1.1? I'm pretty sure
> there is a way in CVS to keep 1.0 files and import the new ones
> without creating a new dir, but I don't know how, any help greatly
> appreciated.

You can tag what you have now as 1.0.x (not sure what the 'x' currently
is) and simply import on top of what is already there the new 1.1 files
(Elzubeir, right ?).

> I plan to get Arabic Firefox 1.1 in time with the English version this
> time, we still have a lot of time, and it isn't that much work.

Were you able to upload the translated Arabic files to Mozilla's
repository ?  You might want mozilla to update this page [1] which
seems to note outdated info (note 'Unofficial' marking).  Any reason
(beyond the seemingly unofficial status) as to why Arabic is still not
listed in the official download page [2] ?  I'm sure you are bugging
Mozilla about this (and rightfully so), but now the 1.1 work taking
shape this will be the 3rd generation of work and we should by listed
there by now.

> As for Thunderbird, Arabeyes CVS has the 1,0,x po's, apparently I
> didn't have free time to continue my work on them, anyone who wants to
> work on them is welcome, if the translation is done at some point,
> I'll submit it to mozilla.org, but now I have Firefox 1.1 as a
> priority.

Do please keep the files (both firefox and thunderbird) synchronized
with mozilla's releases; you might also consider adding a blurb to the
mozilla project pages on Arabeyes about your open call for help on
thunderbird (or simply link to the email you'd sent, you should find
it in the 'doc' list's archives :-).

[1] http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/l10n/
[2] http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/all.html

Salam & keep up the great work.