Re: new member.. ( & OpenOffice request)

Hello again Ali,

On Mar 23, 2005 12:41 PM, Ali El Dada <eldada at student dot chalmers dot se> wrote:
> great to get these responses and encouragements just for joining, hope
> I'll start contributing soon so as not to let you down!
[...]

Here's your chance :-). You had previously asked to work on KDE, but
that project is not ready at the moment for work. Let me make a
suggestion. OpenOffice. Its undergoing major work, and you'll find
working on it to be as exciting as any translation project. The
maintainer Mr. Ossama Khayat really needs a few more translators on
his team.

> well maybe i should clarify something: I can type arabic in KDE, but
> only in certain applications, like in mozilla or Konquerer, but in any
> application. What I have is a small java application that I wrote and
> want to *type* arabic in a text field instead of copying and pasting
> from somewhere else. I recently installed Mandrake-linux 10.1, with
> which comes KDE 3.2, and I think some arabic fonts too, or else I
> wouldn't be able to type arabic anywhere, right? ok i don't even know if
> this is the place to discuss this! but thanks anyway..

Hmmm, I dont know how this applies. Can you type in kbabel? Thats all
what really matters. Mandrake 10.1 has more than excellent Arabic
support.

I hope to hear from you soon so we can get you started on some work.

Abdulaziz,