Re: Correct sorting?

Quoting Nadim Shaikli (shaikli at yahoo dot com):

>  2. We have slang internally ignore all the diacritics/harakat since there
>     are other languages that will also benefit from this added hack.  In
>     reality though, this needs to be fixed properly and I believe Steve
>     (the slang champion) is aware of this, yet I'm unsure if he's planning
>     on doing anything on this front.  It might be worth-while to ping him
>     on this...
>
> So do we have time to resolve this (via point-1 above) or are we late ?

For sarge release, we are late. However, d-i has now been branched, so
there are indeed two level1. Arabeyes CVS should reflect that. I may
take care of it when I'll have time for this, and create a
"level1-sarge" with the contents of translations in the sarge branch.

All packages are now built for sarge and will not be rebuilt only for
translation issues. So, putting hacked files in the sarge branch may
help in case the relevant package is rebuilt for some other reason,
but there's not guarante, indeed.

In the same time, in the unstable branch, we should keep the files as
"correct" as possible, waiting for a fix in slang.

Steve Langasek is member of the Debian release team, so don't expect
him to have much time for working on slang issues. I can point him to
this thread, for sure...but fixes are likely to be post-sarge anyway.