Re: Mozilla translations into APT

Quoting Youcef Rabah Rahal (y dot rahal at gmail dot com):

> I might be interested... A question though: what does it take to
> become a 'DeeDee' ? ;) Does one need to have a specific project in
> mind to contribute to and/or specific skills or ???

http://www.debian.org/devel/join/

Having a specific project helps, of course...

In any case, be prepared for a long process. The Debian project is very
careful about people joining and there are not that many volunteers
for processing applications. For instance, my application took one
full year for being processed...and this was a few years ago.

One of the biggest challenges for several people is getting your GPG
key signed by a Debian Developer (or any other way to pass the "ID
Check" step....). This may be a real problem for people living in
countries where there is no other Debian Developer and who do not
travel too much (chicken and egg problem).