Re: common terms po

--- Arafat Medini <lumina at silverpen dot de> wrote:
> يا سيدي أو كي فلنوقف العمل و نرى كيف
> سنتعامل مع الملف.
> أعطوني فكرة بالله عليكم. أنا أسأل و لا أحد
> يجيب ثم تأتي الشكاوى، قلتها و
> سأعيدها:
> أي فكرة تساعد العمل (و تقيده كذلك) و
> يتقبلها الجميع ممتازة و ستنفذ
> آنيّا، فقط هاتوها!

We can break the file up so that each file contains say 500 terms
(or similar) and then all translators work on each file adding
a comment above the words they've suggested.  An example would
be,

  # QAC - Arafat, Ossama
  # QAC - Youcef
  msgid "Connected"
  msgstr "Trans-A"
  msgstr "Trans-B"

As you can see that only two people contributed to this word and
one person agrees with the first translation (ie. Arafat suggested
"Trans-A" and Ossama agreed with it while Youcef suggested "Trans-B").
Once the file's deadline is up, you guys all get on IRC and make
final decisions on each term and trim the names and secondary
translations.  I think this system is simple, self-sufficient and
doesn't require massive coordination (ie. people can move way ahead
of the game by making suggestions and simply noting that they've
looked at the word/term by noting their name).  It would be important
though to have the names match the location of the term (ie. if you
are adding the third suggestion for a translation your name should
be the third '# QAC -' comment above it).

Just a thought (I've noted this approach before).