Re: Fedora and New projects

--- Youcef Rabah Rahal <rahal at arabeyes dot org> wrote:
[...]
> On Sunday 09 May 2004 19:41, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
>
> > I'm really unsure of Fedora's inclusion status ?  Will the translation work
> > that has already taken shape (due to great efforts and sacrifice of a
> > select few) be included ?  If not, why not ?
>
> It won't be included in FC2, but will be there in FC3, so there's no problem
> really and nothing is lost. It would have been great to have Arabic in FC2,
> but from the beginning, that was not the goal, it was just a last minute hope

I guess it's all my fault. I drove people crazy trying to make the impossible!
Sorry...

[...]
> OK. We started to work on Fedora on March 12th. The _scheduled_ freeze date
> include translations in FC2 was a month later. We were not (I wasn't
> personally) planning to include Arabic in FC2 since the available time was
> very short. However, a big effort was put on translation just after the
> freeze happened (mainly by Ossama, but from others too), but it was already
> too late as I said in many posts (check the archives). However, Ossama
> insisted (and translated ;) so I (we) thought that maybe there was a chance
> for a late inclusion. I contacted Fedora people and they finally said, no,
> it's too late, but Arabic will be in FC3.

I really still can't understnad it! If they are untill yesterday rebuilding new
packages and updating as well, how would it hard if they include the finished
translations anyway???

=====
regards,
Ossama Khayat