Re: Words need better/agreement on translation

--- Youcef Rabah Rahal <rahal at arabeyes dot org> wrote:
[...]
> > > - Widget: وِدْجِتْ

> > I used كائن because a widget is essentially an
> > object, but I would prefer your suggestion.
>
> I like كائن :-) Or something close to that (to
> the English definition). What
> about عنصر تخطيطي or عنصر نافذي ?

I am extremely, strongly, and categorically against
any translation of 1 English word into 2 Arabic words
for several reasons:
a. Users hate it.
b. Because then its not a translation but an
explanation.
c. It makes sentences sound more mechanical and less
natural.
d. They are much harder to do tasrifs on.

[...]

> > > - script/code: شيفرة
>
> > script: نص برمجي (I know, its bad, but I
> cant
> > think of anything better)
> > code: كود!
>
> I would use ترميز for both. Though I like
> Abdulaziz's suggestion for script
[...]

Here I know I used 2 words for 1 :-) but that was a
stop gap measure. I truly did an exhaustive search for
an appropriate word and couldn't find one and was
planning to ask you ppl, but apparently forgot :)

I liked all your other suggestions though and will use
them from now on :)

Andulaziz,