Re: Arabic Maintainership

Salam

<You can not force your way or request to have everything the
<way you used to do. Wait and see how this is being handled.

As long as Arabeyes can deliver a platform to help in accelerating a translation
process I don't see any problem in writing down a work model.
We want to cooperate AND we want to work on fedora.

<personally has another model

Not really, some other ppl work under this project so this project is not personal.

<Before you propose anything, we need to establish Fedora Arabic
<translation team.

Here you are forcing somthing upon us. Before going straight to conclusions we'd better start
discussing our differences and our views.

<is able to accommodate all.

Definetely NO, and for the reasons Mohammed mentioned in his mail to the RedHat ppl.

<I am not sure if we to care about CVS and other process carried anywhere
<else.

?

If you want to work alone, then that's IMHO your personal problem.
This does not have to conflict with Unixs support for Arabic.

A newcomer doesn't even know how to do the work! So cvsing to one server or another
is only one side of the problem. Helping in maitaining quality control is TOTALLY and more important
I saw translations where I thought did really arabs wrote them down?
And to control this, a project is indeed a good start.

<I would prefer that you do not assume here anything. Things are still
<not finalized nor a process in place.

excuse my remark but you seem scaried...

<What you need to understand that this is a Fedora Project, and any
<effort done should be under the Fedora Project.

Well not really. In gnome for eg. we have the gnome translation project which only acts
as a coordinator, all the work/credit/legal stuff etc... really EVERYTHING is handeld by the independent
translators. Some feel as part of gnome like me and others don't at all...
They are doing a job or scratching an itch.

<I am not sure why anyone should
<get exclusive maintainership

for MANY MANY reasons:

a maitainer sets the pace of the work, he guides the work.
a maitainer coordiantes translations, sets goals.
a maintainer does quality control.
a maintainer eases life as he uploads to cvs and downloads, prepares work, helps newbies.
a maintainer is the voice of his language. The language is not anonymous it has a voice and
only ONE voice.
etc etc etc...
the list does not end...

Discussing a system is far more important then actually translating.

I am writing down this mail cz I think this discussion is not a one to one discussion.
I think every person has to voice its voice about the problems that would encounter
the fedora translation if it is not centralized.
Open source, open communities, open thinking never ment chaos and anarchy.

To have small individuals work alone and without any coordination will never help the Arabization process
that everyone does his own thing isolated from any other only cz his personal ease does not
match with a system is not a solution.

Mr Sherif I think you're confusing too many things here.

it's not the lower end that you have to see but the base, if we have a strong base then we can deal
with any project with expertize and efficiency.
That's the goal of Arabeyes.

yours
Arafat