Re: Fedora and Translation Teams

On Yaum al-Jumma 07 Jumaada al-Awal 1425 08:14 pm, Muhammad Alkarouri wrote:

> That being said, I think fedora has to encourage both individuals and
> team. That is, promoting individual work for languages that don't have
> existing teams, and utilising existing teams where they exist.
>
> It is understandable that they will not prevent someone who wants to
> participate, but they should encourage coordination. I would suggest:

> - While an individual can translate directly bypassing the team, the
> problems with this can be avoided: if his work is up to standards then
> no worry, else the team will usually correct his work when he releases
> the module. Coordination between that individual and the team is
> beneficial to both parties to avoid lost labour as in this case.
>
> I hope this is enough food for thought for the time being.

More than ideal. I don't know why I feel this is related to our KACST
discussion ;) Words like encourage, beneficial, ... are very healthy here.

--
Munzir Taha  PGP Key available

Mandrake Club member
Maintainer of the Open Arabic Bugs Project at
http://wiki.arabeyes.org/OpenBugs
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS
New Horizons CLC
Riyadh, SA