[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Status of OpenOffice Project
- To: Documentation and Translation <doc at arabeyes dot org>
- Subject: Status of OpenOffice Project
- From: anmar oueja <anmar at canada dot com>
- Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 23:21:01 -0700
- User-agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 0.6 (X11/20040605)
I will be providing a weekly status update on arabeyes.org hosted
OpenOffice uses GSI format,a unique format localization format, for
storing all their translation strings. This format is extremely
difficult to translate since there are no automated translation tools.
Therefore, people decided to convert this file to PO type files for
people to use tools such as Kbable or Gtranslator... etc on.
Unfortunately, the generated PO files in cvs.arabeyes.org were non
compliant and broke tools such as msgfmt.
1. Currently, all PO files in cvs.arabeyes.org are NON-po format
compliant and should NOT be worked on at all.
2. New po files will be generated and placed in cvs.arabeyes.org once
their integrity and compliance has been confirmed.
3. Help files will also be converted to a manageable format (not sure it
will be po format) and placed in cvs.arabeyes.org
4. There are no active translators on this project given its lack of
proper po files.
5. There are Arabic GUI (partial low quality localization) downloadable
binaries of openoffice 1.1.1 from arabeyes download section:
6. I will be contacting OpenOffice.org to try and place the Arabic GUI
binaries on openoffice.org so people can download them from there directly.
I will be doing a fresh import of po compliant files once no later than
July 1st 2004. I will inform the list of such activity the day it happens.
Please don't hesitate to send any questions or comments regarding this
project to doc mailing list.
Please confine all your questions and discussions regarding this project
to the doc mailing list.