Re: Plural-Forms header

On Yaum al-Jumma 05 Jumaada al-Thaani 1425 07:22 pm, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Quoting Munzir Taha (munzirtaha at newhorizons dot com dot sa):
> > On Yaum al-Jumma 05 Jumaada al-Thaani 1425 11:48 am, Christian Perrier
wrote:
> > > Quoting Denis Barbier (barbier at linuxfr dot org):
> >
> > Can any one point a real example when a zero is passed as an argument in
> > an application. In Arabic zero has no rule. ;) so it's not correct to say
> > zero files.
>
> Hmmm, in French zero has one rule. Zero uses singulard : "0 fichier"

I am sorry if I seem silly to disagree here ;). I believe in French it's: n'y
a pas de fichiers

What do you use for -1 (negative numbers)? ;) We say for zero: no files.
Seriously, can you give me a message that really takes the argument zero. Just
one example so we take it more serious. If it's not there, then we can skip
it. Otherwise, we difine a distinct state for it.

> Arabic should really have a rule. After all, you guys are people who
> invented zero, aren't you ? :-)

We are bigger than this ;) Just kidding.

--
Munzir Taha  PGP Key available

Mandrake Club member
Maintainer of the Open Arabic Bugs Project at
http://wiki.arabeyes.org/OpenBugs
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS
New Horizons CLC
Riyadh, SA