Re: re [QAC] A few translation/standardization issues

Am Sa, den 31.01.2004 schrieb Ahmad Al-rasheedan um 00:19:
>  >I wanted to raise these few questions to be discussed so we could
> hopefully
>  >attain a decision (even a temporary one) and be near a standardization.
>
>  >1/ What about using Shadda in translation ?
>
> Yup. I do that _almost_ all the time. It is  a must IMHO.
>
>  >2/ And Harakat ?
>
> Only if the word would give another meaning without harakat.
>
>  >3/ Translating foreign names.
>
> I just write what I pronounce.
>
> Regards,

Same for me in every point.

Well ok maybe for the last point I make some research and try to
pronounce the word as it is pronounced in the other language so for eg.
for shanghai I don't write شنغ هاي but شان هي which is the real chinese
pronounciation, and many examples like that with names of apps names of
ppl etc...

yours
Arafat

yours