Re: Wordlist plan

--- Ahmad Al-rasheedan <asr at baldi dot cc> wrote:
> NewWords will take 350 days to go through given the amount of output.
> I would suggest we don't spend this much time on new_words due to
> type of words. They are just way off the wall (majority of words).
> I just translate what I can translate from the new_words and leave
> outlandish words blank.
>
> I would finish half new_word and declare a new release, another new
> release when the other half is done.

Ah... What about dates to formulate a schedule :-)  Is this what you
have in mind,

 Release-0.7
 - Date    : ??
 - Changes : 50% of new words translated and incorporated into the
             golden wordlist proper

 Release-0.8:
 - Date    : ??
 - Changes : Complete new words completely and incorporate them into
             golden wordlist (this will mostly be exotic/outlandish*
             terms)

 Release-0.9:
 - Date    : ??
 - Changes : Include multiple translations per word.

(*) Not sure how/who will determine what is exotic/outlandish (need
    a systematic means to do that - break NewWords list down further ?)

> The fun part is to go over full_wordlist and provide multiple meanings
> for a given word. This is a new ball game that needs to be addressed
> once there to determine release date and frequency.

Once we get to this part, we'll need to talk about a consistent syntax
to use to denote different meanings (this is very important) for the
same term.

> Lastly and again, we should skim through new_words and NOT
> alocate resources and the proposed time on it.

Not sure what is being proposed here - sorry, if I'm being pushy, but
if I were someone who might consider working on this project I'd think
"oh, nothing I can do about that, someone else will do it" and so it
will lay dormant.  Do we need to break down the new words list down
further to make this happen ?  If so, who's doing what and when ? :-)

Salam and keep up the _great_ work.