Re: translation CVS trees

--- Mohammed Elzubeir <elzubeir at arabeyes dot org> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 31, 2003 at 03:49:18PM -0800, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
> > Arafat, we had talked about this in passing.  We need to get Arabeyes'
> > CVS tree of Gnome to mimic that which is on gnome.org as such we need
> > to download a bunch of files that are currently not on our CVS.  Could
> > you tell me where they are (for me to download) or put them somewhere
> > where I can access them.  I will be moving the files by hand in CVS
> > into the appropriate dirs soon and would like to do it right.  In the
> > future, please keep an eye on gnome.org's structure and tell us if we
> > need to move things around (we need to be in sync with them at all
> > times).
>
> I would prefer to be the only hand altering CVS directly. This would
> make it easier to know what happened and who did what.

I've asked for this before (check the archives) and nothing was done.
The Gnome tree (again like the KDE tree) is out of sync from what I saw
from their main repositories.  As such, I highly recommend this gets
fixed sooner rather than later.  We also need the project maintainers
to keep an eye on the structure and raise their voices when the trees
go out of sync.

For instance.

 Gnome has a more reasonable hierarchy now,
   http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/status/gnome-2.6/ar/index.html
 Our CVS doesn't reflect that and we are already working on 2.6

 KDE on our CVS had more subdirectories than what KDE's head seem to
 have (I realize it might be due to older revisions, but how will a
 newbie translator know which to translate and which to ignore - not
 that we have a rush of newbie translators (or any for that matter),
 but the question remains a valid one)
   http://i18n.kde.org/stats/gui/HEAD/ar/index.php
 I also noticed a few missing files from our CVS.

FYI - Arabic is not even listed on KDE's page here,
      http://i18n.kde.org/stats/doc/head/index.html

In short, this needs to be taken care of irrespective of who does it.