Re: common terms/strings

--- Abdulaziz Al-Arfaj <alarfaj0 at yahoo dot com> wrote:
> --- Nadim Shaikli <shaikli at yahoo dot com> wrote:
> > I simply wanted to reply for completeness.  If/when time allows we
> > could simply dump out a list of the most common/occurring words
> > irrespective of their translation if that seems useful.
>
> Actually it seems very useful. I was not part of the common_terms file
> from the beginning, and maybe thats why I fail to see the importance of
> the pre-existing translations, since we will be removing them and
> replacing them anyway.

Sure, they were meant to show if we are consistent in our usage of those
reoccurring strings - that's why the files also list the location (filename
and line number) of each occurrence.  Ideally, you'd have people running
back to their files and making sure that they are at least consistent
on a string level.

> If/when time allows this will be a good, no, it will be an _essential_
> addition.

I'll add it to my TODO (do reminder me occasionally if I slip up when you
see me on IRC :-)