Improving technical arabic translation skills (was: Re: How to translate this sentences?)

Salam,

Ahmad Tarek's previous email made me realize (yet again) that my technical arabic is really bad, and I should find ways to improve it.

Currently Arabeyes is hosting a huge repository of translated messages that appear in different software. It would be very useful and educating if one can search for a word(s) and see all the _messages_ that this word appears in, along with the arabic translations. While qamoose is nice for single words translations, it lacks sentence context. Try looking up "settings".

AFAIK such a search service is not available at Arabeyes, so one can "cvs co" all files under /translation, grep for stuff locally, then do occasional "cvs update".

How does this sound ?

I am wondering what do others do to improve their technical arabic translation skills.

Kamal