Re: OpenOffice 1.1.1 corrupts the Arabic

--- Mohamed Eldesoky <mohamed at eldesoky dot net> wrote:
> Thanks for the quick reply.
> First of all, I didn't introduce myself.
> I am co-founder of Linux-Egypt
> Past member of Arabeyes since its foundation.
> Linux Die Hard :-)

Hehe :-) Yeah, I know you. From RedHat lists, bugzilla
and other places...

> I am talking about the mainstream OOo
> If there is a bug regarding arabic support in the
> mainstream OOo, it should be
> addressed by the ar.OOo team, right ?

That's right. The reason why I told you to use Anmar's
builds, is AFAIK that they were created with the .PO's
we have on our CVS and we wanted to check the
translation quality in general as well as the Arabic
features. Anmar? Any comments?

> > > It is a disaster with regard to Arabic support.
> > > Even Tahoma font makes the text corrupted.
> > > Try to use it if you can, and let us issue some
> I am using linux :-)

Yes, what are the disasters? Is it regarding using
Harakat? or shaping or exporting to PDF?

> > You mean CVS or what? ;-)
> Bugzilla

If you mean Bugzilla in ar.OOo site, I just logged in
and it seems fine.
Maybe you missed out something.

regards,
Ossama Khayat