Re: KDE Version

Greetings Hafid,

> أشكرك على الرّد. لقد قمت بسحب الملفات من مستودعات KDE وأوّد أن أطرح عليك
> هذا السؤال الذي لم أحصل بعد على إجابة له:
> - من أين تقوم باستخراج الملفات المصدرية؟ أي: ما هو المكان أو المستودع
> المركزيّ (messages + docs) الذي يجب على كل مستودع أن ينزل الملفات المصدريّة
> منه ويعيد نسخها إلى مستودعاتها الترجميّة الخاصة حتى يُتَمَكن من العمل
> عليها؟ هل هي تلك التي يحمل عنوان مستودعها تسمية en_GB؟

No, you only need to checkout files from the kde-i18n/ar module. What happens
is that KDE developers who are responsible for i18n run a script that
periodicially extracts i18n strings from all KDE applications and merge them
with a corresponding .po files for _all_ languages. If no .po file is found
(in the case of a new application for example) then a .pot file were reside
in the module until someone starts translating it and submiting a .po back.

So the short answer is you only need to case about kde-i18n/ar , do a 'cvs up'
regulary.

$ kde-i18n/ar/cvs up

to get the latest files.

> كذلك، باعتبار أن هناك من يعمل على المستودع المركزي مباشرة في KDE وهناك من
> يعمل على المستودع الخاص بـ عيون العرب. ألا توجد إمكانية أن يعمل شخصان
> مختلفان على ترجمة نفس الملف؟ أم أن هناك ما تم اتخاذه لتلافي مثل هذه
> الوضعية؟ أتمنى أن لا أصادف مثل هذه الحالة.

You are right, this is a problem, and to elliminate it, translating teams like
Arabeyes take care of the whole Arabic module. As far as I know, there is no
one working directly on the KDE CVS but me, so there is no need to worry
about conflicts. I sent an email a couple of weeks ago saying that I will
transalte the kdeedu module, so you can translate everything but the kdeedu
since I'm responsible for it.

> وأيضا هل توجد مواقع أخرى تهتم بترجمة KDE و GNOME إضافة إلى عيون العرب؟
Not that I am aware of.

> وفي الأخير، هل نفس الملفات المترجمة إلى العربية التي على KDE حاليا هي نفسها
> التي على عيون العرب؟ أم أنها مختلفة نظرا لوجود عدة مواقع ترسل ملفاتها
> الترجمية إلى المستودع المركزي الذي على KDE؟
The files are different, not because different sources commit different
translations, but because i18n strings are constantly being add or removed
from the .po files which requiers a translation update.

Here is a suggestion, send me your .po translation files once every 3 days or
so and I will commit them myself directly to the KDE CVS. We'll do this until
ElZubair can resume KDE i18n coordination role.

Clear skies,
Jasem
http://edu.kde.org/kstars
http://indi.sourceforge.net