Configuring PO Auxiliary and/or Compendium in KBabel

Salam,
I need to configure Kbabel for rough translation.
Since all the .po files for the wordlist are separated
by letters, i can't use them as they are.
Can any one please provide me with the complete,
correct steps to configure either option, since the
Dicionary Database isn't there in RH9 and I couldn't
get Kbabel 1.2 to get compiled correctly.

thanks for your help
Ossama