Re: Coordinator Expectations

On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 08:02:30PM +0100, Hicham Amaoui wrote:

> If you read the doc mails, you'll be uptodate with translation status.

The project page also neeeds to note the status linking to any relevant
posts on the 'doc' list (this is so passer-by's can quickly find out
such information). This seems very logical to me.

I am not sure why this thread is taking this twist, neither am I interested
in forcing anyone to do anything they don't want. What Nadim posted is what
is agreed on as the job description of a translation project coordinator.
If you don't like specific parts of it, they are all open for discussion. If
you are not interested, simply let us know and let's end it right there.
No point in this chit-chat if we're not getting anywhere. Keep it simple.

If you are interested in sitting-in one of the 'core' meetings, you are
more than welcome to. M.Yousif and Youcef Rahal have both sat-in on different
meetings. It's not a "behind the scenes" thing. Simply note the dates on CVS
on the links I posted earlier. You can even checkout the ae_admin/ module
from CVS and keep yourself updated.

You have certainly made the suggestion of the translate at  dot  dot  dot  alias and that's
fine and dandy. I'll set that up once we get this whole mess sorted out.
We have repeatedly invited you to discuss specifics about the proposal which
I am yet to see. You don't want to keep the project page updated periodically?
Why? What's the problem with that? You don't want to have a clear plan?
I find your objections rather unjustified and I am not alone.

Throughout the life of the Arabeyes project, which is now two years old, we
have ALWAYS kept communication open to any and all suggestions. It is rather
absurd to suggest otherwise. We have for the most part operated on the basis
of consensus. Even when the core team decides on something, others can
say why they don't think something's a good idea and re-open the subject for
discussion. It would be very stupid of us not to do that, as it would directly
and negatively impact the project as a whole.

So far all I have heard is objection to beign directed to a better way
of organizing things. We need a definite answer on how you wish to proceed.
If you would like to continue to be the highly respected member
then all would be happy. If you would like to depart then it would
be rather unfortunate. However, we would like to know your answer so we
can know how to best proceed.

I'm eager to close this thread.

---
Was I helpful? Let others know: