KDE Progress

Salam,

Without the long introductions, I am disappointed at the progress rate of
the KDE translation so far. I am also unhappy with the quality of it. So,
no quality and no quantity. Really, nothing to write home about.

I have just added all the missing POT files so we are up-to-date with
the KDE mothership (main kde cvs server) and will complete the merge
tomorrow (well, it's 5am so I guess tonight).

I will be doing a review on a large sample of translations and will be
addressing translators by name, in terms of what needs to be changed in
the grammar and wording of certain phrases and translations. If you have
a problem with that, let me know privately before I do my review. I will
post a review by next week.

I will also be removing names from the list of contributors on the KDE-i18n
project page (http://www.arabeyes.org/project.php?proj=kde-i18n) so if you
see that you are a contributor and no longer can find your name there,
it is because you have been inactive for too long. CVS access will
not change.

Again, I am not really interested to know about everyone's personal schedule.
We all have our lives to live and so on.. but if you are applying to
volunteer your time and effort I expect a certain level of commitment. If you
lack this commitment, I would rather you don't apply. The very processing
of applications and settling people in is time consuming and is a waste of
everyone's time.

If you are a translator and have not read the Translator Guide yet
(http://www.arabeyes.org/guide/translator.en/) then please do. This applies
to veteran translators too -- not following procedures outlined there causes
me (as coordinator) and others a lot of greif and it's not worth it. This
applies to translators of all projects, not just KDE.

Thank you.
---
Was I helpful? Let others know:
http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=elzubeir