Re: about the new .pot files

> Salam .. First of all .. sorry for writing in English .. but I am having
> probelms switching the Keyboard in Gnome2 ..
> About knowing that it is updated .. You will not have to worry about that
> .. you do your great work .. and leave the update issue for us :-) I do the
> update often .. like every 2 weeks or so .. and make sure that the KDE and
> Gnome Servers have our changes and translation.. and make sure that we have
> the latest changes .. for example we moved from the KDE 3.0.3 Tree to the
> 3.1 tree .. so we are translating for KDE 3.1 .. as for Gnome .. there
> hadn't been many string changes since Gnome 2.0 ( which we are at now) ..
> although there had been a Gnome 2.0.2 release changes are not that big ..

Oh thanks Isam for replying, but our question was different though.

imagine that I translate a .pot file and it generated a .po file, then two
months after that, the developer changes his/her .pot file and adds new
strings to it.

Now, I don't have to translate the new .pot file all over again, is there a
way to translate only the untranslated strings?

That is, when I edit the NEW .pot file in KBabel, all the strings are
untranslated.. is there a way to *merge* the OLD .po file so I can only then
go ahead and translate the new ones?

I hope I'm not confusing things.

cheers,
Jasem.