Re: Duali - On Dictionaries

On Mon, Oct 21, 2002 at 10:56:39PM +0000, Mohamed Kebdani wrote:
> UTF8, latin and arabic :)
>
> Le Lundi 21 Octobre 2002 20:08, Mohammed Elzubeir a ??crit :
> > Salam Mr. Kebdani,
> >
> wa 3laykom Essalam,
>

>  I looked for the same dictionary you have everywhere but I don't find it.
> I stay waiting to get one :(

That's fine.. we should simply find an alternative then.

>   Well! I'll use this dictyonary: Al hadi Ila loghat Al Arab , writed by
> Hassan Said Al Karmi - Dar Loubnan litiba3a wa nachr 1991- Beyrouth libanon .
>  It's in 4 books, it contains nearly 90 000 entry.
>   Is it possible to tape the words in windows format (cp 1256) ? and to
> convert it to utf8 , using recode or iconv ?

If that makes everyone else's life easier that's fine with me, as long as it's
in text format. I'm not sure why utf-8 is an issue but the point here is not
to complicate things. At this stage, I just want things to get moving ;)
Formats are the least of concern right now. I also would like to know how you
when you can do the derivative classifications so I can get started on the
code while the data entry process is running. That way I can have a working
spell-checker with an incomplete dictionary.. at the very least.

---
On another note, I will be alternative between English and Arabic -- I don't
want to leave most people out in the dark in our communication, neither am I
good at translating each paragraph I write (don't know how you do it ;)

later
---
Was I helpful? Let others know:
http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=elzubeir