Re: billahi can one tell me of a user using gnome ?! (forget about bug reporting)

My Inbox Happily Received This From ammer @ Wed, 20 Nov 2002 09:34:15
+0300

> Arafat Medini wrote:
>
> >Salam all
> >
> >Before you begin complaining that my contributions stopped from july,
> >I know that and believe me I haven't forgotten about arabeyes (I
> >nearly think everyday about it ) I'll return with a big bang believe
> >me. But to our topic. Is there any really normal arabic user using
> >gnome other then me ? And even I, can't call myself normal or basic.
> >So how would you ask for a bug report ? I suggest here that we do
> >some promotion. We HAVE to promote linux, gnome AND kde(naturally)
> >only in this way we will have more contributors and (and that 's the
> >REAL important thing) more users. The situation is desolate the
> >software is for free and no one uses it I don't understand anything
> >really. And then you are crazy about afrikaans and the other bla bla
> >well it don't bother me if afrikaans is before Arabic but no one
> >seriously uses linux, And the only REAL answer for this is promotion.
> >I don't live in an arabic country but every time I went to Tunisia
> >the last years I picked up my  Suse linux CDs and run from one person
> >to another to make them test linux, but what about you who live in
> >egypt, jordan, marokko ? What about a promo tour with some ripped RH
> >CDs or gentoo CDs ??? First WE have to work and do the right job and
> >then we can complain, but if we do the same thing as our politicians
> >we will get the same results, see ?
> >
> >cheers
> >p.s: has the raja won the match ?
> >

> Ok, this is the frankly version of my (ammer) reply on "Behind what ?"

Maybe i don't understand, but the subject says it!
yes i am a big fan of gnome, i was using gnome till 10 days before since
i've assembled my own desktop which i found more comfortable and more
lightweight
but i still use gnome apps.
BTW: i'm using gnome with an English interface not the Arabic one "I've
learned to use PC with an English interface since my early befinnings".

--
-- Katoob Main Developer