Translation

Assalamou Alaikom,
I read through the thread that is it critical to finish translation of KDE and/or Gnome. I wanted to to help but I really don't know how to tranlate the files exactly. Can any one please be patient with me and give me some detail about how to begin translation, and what are the most important things to begin with now.
I can either translate my self or with help of Al-Wafi translation and ofcourse revising the translation to make sure it's 100% right!

thanks in advance,
Ossama Khayat