Behind what ?

Salam all.  I was looking over a non-related issue and ended-up
on the KDE status page,

  http://i18n.kde.org/stats/gui/HEAD/index.php

What can I say (I'm afraid to go and look at the Gnome one).
Arabic translation is behind such "languages" as (this is
not a complete list, but a very minor sample),

 Afrikaans
 Bulgarian
 Greek
 Esperanto
 Farsi
 Hebrew
 Hungarian
 Lithuanian
 Polish
 Turkish
 Chinese
 Zulu

I mean "come on" some of those aren't even used outside a few
hundred kilometers.  How can we stand for this ?  Why are we
always putting ourselves in such a bad/awkward position ? Why
are we behind all the time ?  What will it take for us to be
in the forefront of others ?  All philosophical questions, but
all apply to this senario and topic.

I and others very much (AGAIN) look for your feedback on how
things can be improved.

With all due respect to Esperanto and Zulu, but COME ON people,
we're behind "them" ?  In all seriousness, Arabic translations
are far behind !!