Re: Duali: dictionary progress

On Sun, Nov 10, 2002 at 11:02:09PM +0000, Mohamed Kebdani wrote:

> http://noc-webserver.iam.net.ma/~kebdani1/duali/duali.html
> http://noc-webserver.iam.net.ma/~kebdani1/duali/duali_base.html
> http://noc-webserver.iam.net.ma/~kebdani1/duali/duali_fiche1.html

Salam,

First of all I would like to really thank you for the great
effort you have been putting into this. It is this kind of
commitment and determination that we need much more of.

Once we have the 'jadawil' or tables of forms/derivatives,
we can proceed with a lot of acceleration. For one, it
would be a lot more possible to autogenerate a dictionary
with that information in hand.

Also, keep in mind that I would like to have the application
side (or at the very least the API) completed by then. Not
necessarily the data (dictionary). We can probably release
something with a less than complete dictionary (you can always
add to the dictioanry as time goes by).

As far as your question about the alef and the hamza's..
what I will be doing (which may not be the best thing
to do, but is certainly the easiest) is normalize the
text. Please refer to this post on the 'developer'
list:
http://www.arabeyes.org/archives/developer/2002/November/msg00068.html

The problem with this, is that the spellchecker will
not be able to tell the difference between ALEF's and so
will not be able to detect problems there. But that can
be added at a later time, and is not my primary concern
at the moment.

Again, thank you very very much for your work. I really like
it, and think we are heading toward the right direction.
With that being said, how long do you think it would take
to get a full list of all the forms (as in the first
link above)?

Thank you.
---
Was I helpful? Let others know: