Re: Arabic Keymap!

On Wednesday 20 February 2002 12:33 am, Mohammed Yousif wrote:
>> OOPS ;-)
>> Isam, have you tried the new XFree86 4.2.0 or a CVS snapshot from the last
>> two or three months ? I guess not
>
>yes I had not, but the XFree86-4.2.0 was taged 3 weeks ago :-) not even a
>month ago :-)
oops (again:P)
look at my words
XFree86 4.2.0 --------->  the new
CVS snapshot  --------->  from the last two or three months
that's because I use a CVS snapshot of XFree86 dated 12/2001 and I can say
that it has unicode values support for symbols and I don't know about above
versions
Sayed said that XFree86 4.1.0 worked for him with unicode values , I don't
know HOW but that's the case :P

>Well LAM ALEF is not 0xfefb :-) the 0xfefb is the LAM_ALEF shape (glyph)
>code, that is what get viewed, but it is not what should be stored or
>inputed..
ok, but that's what called Lam_Alef (I mean 0xfefb) in unicode standards and
it is considered as a SEPARATE character

>The LAM ALEF that need to be sent when you click on the LAM_ALEF key (B)
>should be the two letters LAM and ALEF ( 0x0644 and 0x0627) :-) and so with
>all the complex letters.. that is because when you delete the last letter
>from the LAM_ALEF for example, you will have LAM left, not removing the
> whole
>shape as if it is one letter while it is two ..
>So if you know how to define a key with two letters ( two codes) that would
>be great.. I asked the XFree86 people and they hadn't been much help..
hmm... isn't there a way to make the application read the value 0xfefb and
substitiue it with 0x0644 and 0x0627 when storing and then revert it back to
0xfefb when viewing
or better a way to store it as is (0xfefb) and to view it as (0xfefb) (I mean
to assume that Alef_Lam is a character ITSELF like NOON , DAL ..etc)

>them to the XFree86 people .. and I guess that all changes should be sent
>once
of course , or they will kill you ;-) (just kidding)