Re: Arabic Keymap!

On Wednesday 20 February 2002 12:33 am, Mohammed Yousif wrote:
> OOPS ;-)
> Isam, have you tried the new XFree86 4.2.0 or a CVS snapshot from the last
> two or three months ? I guess not

yes I had not, but the XFree86-4.2.0 was taged 3 weeks ago :-) not even a
month ago :-)

> Lam Alef is fefb
> so :
> 0xfefb + 0x1000000 = 0x100fefb

Well LAM ALEF is not 0xfefb :-) the 0xfefb is the LAM_ALEF shape (glyph)
code, that is what get viewed, but it is not what should be stored or
inputed..
The LAM ALEF that need to be sent when you click on the LAM_ALEF key (B)
should be the two letters LAM and ALEF ( 0x0644 and 0x0627) :-) and so with
all the complex letters.. that is because when you delete the last letter
from the LAM_ALEF for example, you will have LAM left, not removing the whole
shape as if it is one letter while it is two ..
So if you know how to define a key with two letters ( two codes) that would
be great.. I asked the XFree86 people and they hadn't been much help..

> the hendi number 1 (١) (I typed it using the new keymap I commited to CVS
> :P) now:))  0661
> so :
> 0x0661 + 0x1000661 = 0x1000661

Thanks for the additions, I will have to check out few things before I commit
them to the XFree86 people .. and I guess that all changes should be sent
once.. so as soon as we fix the complex letters issue I will send them the
patch to add.

--
Yours,
Isam Bayazidi