Re: More Words!

On Saturday 02 February 2002 21:00,no no wrote:
> >> grayscale
> >> Gradients
> >
> >Darajat mail
>
> I tanslated grayscale with 'rasasi motadarij'
> and 'Gradients' with 'alwan motadarija'.

for grayscale it could be rasasi, or ramadi motadarej ..

> Furhor, is it a custom to leave the next words untranslated , or is it
>
> possbile to give a translation like the following:
> >> 	hue :   darajat al-alwan
> >> 	saturation: ishba3 al-alwan
> >> 	value:   mikdar al-alwan

I would prefere mentioning the engligh word here by the translation, becuase
hue, saturation, RGB, etc .. are more or less specialized words for the
graphic designers.. so I would go on with your translation, but put the
engligh word by it for clearification

> Encoding

tashfeer تشفير

> Plain Text

nas baseet نص بسيط
> Overlay
> Darken only / Lighten only
> Canvas
> Dock/Undock
> PipeCross
> Offset
> Hindmost / Foremost
> Lower Current Layer / Upper Current Layer (are they using Upper as a noune
> (the most upper) or as a verb (make it move one step up))

رفع الطبقة الحالية
rafe3 al tabaka al 7aliah

خفض الطبقة الحالية
khafd al tabaka al 7aliah

> ps. all this words are in the krayon.po file, from the koffice directory.

Well If you give some tiime to check the fuzzy terms in the koffice.po that
would great .. the file is almost translated, but as good as the
non-translated if the fuzzy strings were not checked, and the fuzzy flag
removed . to remove the fuzzy flad, remove the word fuzzy that comes in the
line before the string ( remove the whole line if only the word fuzzy is
there)

> I know I am pushing it, so thanks again and try to be patient with me, I am
> still learning.

NO NO :-) you are doing great :-) and please remember adding the terms in the
QaMoose so that they would be there for later referance

--
Yours,
Isam Bayazidi