Re: .pot files changed

----- Original Message -----
Subject: Re: .pot files changed
Sent: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 16:27:53 +0200
From: Isam Bayazidi
To: doc at arabeyes dot org
> On Friday 01 February 2002 15:59,no no wrote:
>> I understand what you mean, but I use 'ramz' to translate 'symbol'. So when
>> I also use 'ramz' for 'character' the user won't be able to distinguish
>> the two words.
>>
>> How do you deal with that, do you have another translation for the word
>> symbol.
>
>Well Arabic is such a rich language . rich in words, and rich in meanings ..
>do you know that the word 3ain ط¹ظٹظ† has at least 9 meanings :-)
> so I don't find a probelm in using the word ramz ط±ظ…ط² to translate >character

I agree totally with you that the arabic language is rich in meanings. But the ability to distinguish the meanings of a word depents on the context of that word. Usually in a menu of a program there is no way to distinguish the attribute 'add symbol' from 'add char' if you translate them the same. So the user must try both to see what the difference is.

> .. I find it more suitable than 7arf ط­ط±ظپ ...
Well that is true. I find it also more suitable and I am also gonna use it instead of 7arf, but that does not solve the problem mentioned earlier.

He, thanks for you help, You don't have to reply to this e-mail, because I really find Ramz a better translation.

Usama

Find out the latest breaking Business news on Maktoob News.
http://www.maktoob.com/business