Re: .pot files changed

On Friday 01 February 2002 01:57,no no wrote:
> Lately I have started working on translating the koffice.po file. Every
> thing went fine till I noticed threw the cvs e-mails that the koffice.pot
> file has been updated. So I am wondering what to. Do I have to copy-paste
> all the strings I have translated till now or there is some simpler way.

Salam ..
Well first of all .. the PO files get changes all the time becuase :
	1) update the strings from the KDE main CVs
	2) someone else works in the translaiton of them

Now about what to do ..  no need to copy and paste .. just a simple update
for the CVS, and CVS will do the merging job .. it will change the stinrgs
where it needs changing .. to avoid loosing any translation make sure that
you commit your changes to any file at least in daily bases if not more ..

About POT files .. you will notice that we do not update kdelibs.pot but
rather the PO file that is because wherever there is a PO file the POT file
is ignored

--
Yours,
Isam Bayazidi